our passion is riding, camping and exploring
Wilderness Pack Trips is a licensed outfitter, providing horseback riding pack trips and camping expeditions in Yellowstone National Park. Our horseback riding, pack trips and day rides into Yellowstone's Backcountry are adventurous in nature. Backcountry trips can be customized to your interests, abilities, time frame and private trips. Pack trips begin in July and continue through September, ranging in length from 4 days to 9 days.
2021 Yellowstone Pack Trip Schedule..
Wilderness Pack Trips Horseback Riding Pack Trips Camping Expeditions Yellowstone Park
Type your paragraph here.
*2021 Yellowstone Pack Trip Schedule
New! Yellowstone Wellness Retreat
- July 6-9, "Transcend-Dance: Part 1 (Only 3 spots available, book now!)
- Is Yellowstone on your bucket list? What about Yellowstone on horseback? and What about Yellowstone with some mild glamping, and a large helping of self-developement, healing and an elevation of consciousness? Dr. Angela Hanley will co-host this amazing experience in the backcountry of Yellowstone. This is a beautiful, early season trip into one of the prettiest spots in Yellowstone. Day rides to the high mountain passes to search out wildlife, wildflowers and soak in the beauty. Limited to 8 guests, only 3 spots available. The rate is $2850/person and a 50% nonrefundable deposit to confirm the reservations.
* Wildlife and Wildflowers!!
- Cache Creek, July 12-15,Excellent wildlife, wildflowers, scenery, fly fishing and beautiful riding trip. A great combination pack trip into the Lamar Valley area of Yellowstone. Limited access and limited to 8 guests! Rate: $2,520/person and a 50% nonrefundable deposit to confirm. (sold out)
- Mirror Plateau, July 18-23, Trip is sold out to a private group.
- "Pelican Valley, July 26-31, this area is one of Yellowstone's prime wildlife habitats. Home to bison, elk, wolves, bear, eagles and waterfowl. Beautiful meadows of wildflowers and remote thermals to explore. A perfect time of the season to be in the backcountry. The trip is limited to 8, Sold out. The rate is $4320/person and requires a 50% nonrefundable deposit to confirm the reservations.
Don't miss this prime time of the summer pack trip!
- "Bechler Waterfalls", August 4-10, (sold out private group) Always one of the best pack trips we offer in the prettiest spot in Yellowstone. Beautiful day rides to water features, thermals, soaking pools, gorgeous scenery and fly fishing await! Trip is limited to 8 guests. The rate is $5040/person and requires a 50% nonrefundable deposit to confirm the reservations.
- Thorofare, August 16-24, Most Remote and Diverse Yellowstone Horseback and Camping Expedition, Ride into the most remote location in the lower 48 states. Trails once used by Native Americans and Mountain Men. Very diverse landscapes, excellent opportunities see wildlife, fly fishing native trout, history and remote! This pack trip is for those who want a "true wilderness experience!" Limited to 8 and the rate is $6480/person. (Only 1 spot available, for this grand adventure!)
- "Thorofare, most remote...", September 1-9, back by popular demand, another beautiful pack trip into one of Yellowstone's prettiest and most remote locations. A true adventure into the most remote area in the lower 48 states; ancient routes and spectacular views as we ride into this amazing area of Yellowstone. A touch of fall is in the air and the fall colors are starting to paint the backcounty. A place very few have seen, join us for an adventure! Trip is limited to 8 guests, only 3 spots remain. The rate is $6480/person and requires a 50% nonrefundable deposit to confirm the reservations. This trip will not last long, join in today!
- Lamar Valley, September 12-17, an excellent fall pack trip into the Lamar River Valley of Yellowstone Park. A trip which combines beautiful scenery, fall colors, fly fishing and wildlife. This trip is limited to 8 guests,only 3 spots remain. The rate is $4320/person and requires a 50% nonrefundable deposit to confirm the reservations.
- Broad Creek, September 21-24, is spectacular in the fall! Wildlife and riding highlight this pack trip. The elk rut is on, large herds of bison, bear and wolves on the move as fall is in the air. Beautiful day rides to thermal areas and to view wildlife. Trip is limited to 8 guests, sold out. The rate is $2520/person and requires a 50% nonrefundable deposit to confirm the reservations. A favorite of mine! (Sold Out.)
- All pack trips are confirmed upon a 50% non refundable deposit. The balance is due 30 days prior to your pack trip, once paid is nonrefundable. We accept all major cc, checks and cash for payment.
We make every effort to conduct trip as advertised, but reserve the right to move or postpone a trip for safety concerns (wild fires, road closures, campsite) and campsite availability.
*Please be physically and medically fit to be able to mount and dismount your horse. Prior riding time will greatly benefit you and your experience.
*Weight limit is 240#, please be kind to your horse.
Please consider travel insurance to protect your investment.
Please feel free to contact me with your questions and thoughts about these pack trips.
I am always happy to visit about Yellowstone and our business.
Wilderness Pack Trips horseback riding, pack trips and camping expeditions.